Whether you're contemplating a romantic Bordeaux area getaway, a wine tasting excursion, or a vacation trip, take the ultimate step and don't just visit a winery — stay at one!
Clos Monicord a beautiful renovated estate dating back from 1780. Modern features and good taste. Comfortable cozy guest-rooms and a first class winery.
Close to the A10 Bordeaux-Paris highway, 20 minutes from the the Saint Emilion Unesco heritage village, Pomerol wine area yet only 30 minutes from the international Bordeaux airport. 15 minutes to get to the Libourne train station taking you within 2 1/2 hours to Paris.
Why staying at Clos Monicord
- A family wine estate is opening its doors for you
- A perfect country side location yet only 30 minutes drive from the fashionable Bordeaux centre, 15 minutes from the Unesco heritage village Saint Emilion and 45 minutes drive to the Atlantic Ocean seafront with its endless beaches.
- The well travelled Bakx family has through the mud on the boots understood what wine making means and offers to opportunity for you to get the inside of the story
- 20 years of wine making, tasting and learning how to live best with mother nature gives an opportunity to understand in a normal language what wine is actually all about. Organic and Bio Dynamic farming are the keywords.
- Not only wine making but also Clos Monicord wines are accessible and within reach
- Tailor made wine tastings can be arranged
- Wine concierge service includes also procurement of other wine chateaux. Storage and shipping
- A previous career of your your host included a long spell as General Manager of some of the finest hotels in the world, your assurance for an attention to detail and great hospitality
All the reason what makes Clos Monicord special